Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Face of Hope

Tonight I had the honor and privilege of spending the evening with my little cousin Lottie Mae. You see, Lottie Mae just celebrated a birthday on Monday. She turned 4! Like most four year olds-she loves having her toes painted, her hair brushed, watching Rio (which I got to watch a little of tonight) and loves dogs. And for only being 4, she has been through more than most people 10x her age. The short of it, a little over a year ago Miss Lottie was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and since she has been undergoing multiple rounds of chemo. Prayers were answered and Miss Lottie has been doing great. She continues to surpass any and all expectations and frankly she showed that cancer who was boss and kicked it out of her body. Now she is doing everything possible to ensure it doesn't show back up which includes monthly (if not more) trips to Kansas City and Children's Mercy. Tonight, I decided to stop by, snap a few pictures of our bravest family member and just hang out. We didn't have much room to play dress up, didn't have the most gorgeous back drops nor did we have the best lighting but that wasn't what this was about. This was about capturing this little girl. It was such a joy to spend the evening with her. She is the sweetest 4 year old I know and even though she was hooked up to her meds that didn't stop her from showing me how to dance. 


Miss Lottie, you are an inspiration to us all. You are the face of strength, courage and most importantly hope. Thanks for letting me tag along tonight and I'll see you in a little less than a month with finger nail polish in hand. 














2 comments:

About Me

I am a wife and a mother to two of the cutest boys on Earth, Kaden OLIVER and Logan BECKETT.  Over the last year I have developed a passion for photography and I haven't been able to put my camera down. What started as just trying to capture my boys turned into so much more and has been one of the most fulfilling and rewarding additions to my life.  A few fun facts about me-I have had a HUGE crush on Mark McGrath for what seems like forever. I love a good yellow cake with milk chocolate icing. I am TOTALLY addicted to PINTEREST. And I can't start my day without a Sonic Iced Tea, seriously, I should buy stock in them.